Are you a curious Data Analyst up for helping our Merge Mansion team to make this hit game even better? Ready to join one of Europe's fastest growing game companies?
If yes, Metacore could be the right place for you
We are a game company from Helsinki best known for our hit game Merge Mansion and our people-first company culture. Built on trust, our culture allows us to work autonomously, efficiently, and ambitiously. We have mutually agreed on five cultural norms to describe how we build trust and work as Metacore – you can find them here: https://metacoregames.com/culture
Our company’s mission is to entertain hundreds of millions of people for decades. We already entertain 50M+ players worldwide and have grown into a team of 200+ game industry professionals in less than three years. And now, we have expanded to Berlin, one of Europe's key talent hubs for game companies, and we’re in the process of building our first Merge Mansion feature team to work from this vibrant city. This is where we hope you come in: to analyze and interpret data about Merge Mansion, drive our decision making through your recommendations and, ultimately, make us even better at developing this much loved game.
Read our Berlin story: https://metacoregames.com/news/berlin-a-new-chapter-in-metacores-growth
Data Analyst plays a key role in making in-depth analyses about Merge Mansion and presenting findings to a wide range of different stakeholders to enable us to make this much loved hit game even better. In practice, this means (at least) the following:
- Supporting designers and product managers in their day-to-day needs: finding insights from data through quantitative and qualitative analysis, ideating, and monitoring the impact of our design decisions
- Proactively analyzing our game data to spot opportunities for improvements and growth that will guide our game design and monetisation strategies
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through in-depth statistical modeling and analyses, and well crafted presentations for both technical and non-technical team members
- Spreading best practices to elevate our data team’s success
- Building and maintaining dashboards, version-controlled tools and reports
- Designing analytics tracking events that help us better understand our players and features
- Designing data pipelines in cooperation with our data engineering team, when needed
Every role is eventually shaped to match our unique passions, backgrounds and strengths. Here are some of the key skills and experience you should already have when joining Metacore as a Data Analyst, Merge Mansion:
- Prior work experience as an analyst in the F2P gaming industry
- Proficiency in SQL and coding skills in a scripting language like Python or R
- Hands-on experience in data modeling and cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, BigQuery or Redshift
- Practical knowhow of some BI tool such as Looker, Qlik, Tableau or similar
- Solid knowledge of industry standard statistical analyses like A/B testing
- Proactive drive and vision to work on what’s important and impactful
- Curious personality with good teamwork skills
In addition to these, it would be nice but not mandatory for you to know these as well:
- Extensive experience in applying data science methods from concept to production
- Practical knowledge in metrics/semantic-layer and or dbt
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Engineering
Sounds about right? Then let’s talk!
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Relocation: Relocating to Berlin expected, full support provided
- Remote work: Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Start date: Flexible, ideally as soon as possible
- Working language: English
Our equal opportunity statement
To entertain hundreds of millions of people for decades, we need diverse teams that understand our diverse audiences. The key to unleash our creativity is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture of trust where Metacoreans from all walks of life can be themselves. We celebrate our differences and believe they are the strength that drives us forward.
We are committed to offering equal opportunities for all, regardless of background, age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, family status, education, socioeconomic status or any other characteristic. We build and maintain a workplace and industry free of harassment and discrimination.
We also aspire to have DE&I as a fundamental part of our game design process to enable us to create even better and more inclusive games, communities and entertainment.
If you require any support or have specific needs during the application process, please don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our company is formed by great teams and individuals. Together, we work rather as Metacore than for Metacore – aiming for the same goal of entertaining our audience with world-class mobile games. As Metacore, we’re much more than the sum of our skills, experiences and knowledge.
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. In other words, our teams and individuals enjoy a lot of freedom and responsibility in their work. Everyone can find the optimal way for reaching their goals – as long as it respects our company culture.